Video highlights: Arsenal 1-0 West Ham

Alexandre Lacazette came off the bench to score the game’s only goal as we beat West Ham United at the Emirates this afternoon.

Victory has moved us up to 9th in the table prior to Burnley versus Tottenham Hotspur this evening.

Wolverhampton Wanderers dropped points with a 0-0 draw against Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon, whilst both Chelsea and Manchester United have tricky tests on Sunday. We are currently five points behind the Blues in fourth.

We were not at the races today, rescued by the post in the opening minutes of the game and a bad touch from Sebastian Haller denied West Ham’s big summer signing a one-on-one. Michail Antonio missed a sitter from two yards before the break.

A bullet header from Sokratis in the first half hit the top of the crossbar, with Lukasz Fabianski in an otherwise below par performance in the opening 45 minutes. Bernd Leno would later make an excellent save to deny an Antonio header from six yards.

Lacazette came up with the winner 12 minutes from time, initially ruled out for offside before being awarded by VAR. The French striker tapped home from close range after an unselfish header from Mesut Ozil to set him up. Alexandre Lacazette had replaced Eddie Nketiah on the hour.

Watch the highlights from Arsenal 1-0 West Ham United here: