Video goals: Arsenal 1-2 Olympiacos

Arsenal have been dumped out of this season’s UEFA Europa League at the Emirates Stadium at the hands of Greek giants Olympiacos.

We were beaten 1-0 in 90 minutes before each side scored in extra-time. The result meant we were eliminated on away goals.

There was little action in the first half with Bernd Leno’s goal being well-protected. However, the German goalkeeper had no chance in preventing the visitors’ opener when 6’6″ centre-back Pape Abou Cisse was left free to head home from a corner.

Despite seeing the majority of possession and a lot of it in the opposition half, we slowed things down too much in the second half and rarely threatened Jose Sa’s goal.

The introduction of Gabriel Martinelli at the start of the second half of extra-time had an immediate impact as the Brazilian teenager flicked on a cross for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to produce a stunning scissor kick to equalise on the night and give us a 2-1 lead on aggregate.

There had been just seven minutes left to play but Mikel Arteta’s side failed to see the game out as striker Youssef El-Arabi found space inside our penalty area to poke home Olympiacos’ winner in the final minute of extra-time.

However, Aubameyang could and should have put us in the last 16 but for missing a sitter in the third minute of stoppage time. The ball broke to the Gabon striker in the six-yard box but the Premier League’s top scorer managed to scruff his effort wide.

Here are the highlights from Arsenal 1-2 Olympiacos here: