Video Goals: Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal

Arsenal were 2-1 winners at Bournemouth on Monday night to book our place in the 2019-20 FA Cup fifth round where we will travel to Portsmouth in March.

Bukayo Saka and Eddie Nketiah scored our goals in the first half as Mikel Arteta’s very young attack also included Gabriel Martinelli and Joe Willock.

Bournemouth’s consolation came in the fourth minute of stoppage time through substitute Sam Surridge. The game went into the 101st minute due to a number of second half stoppages, which included a serious-looking injury to Shkodran Mustafi.

Saka was deployed in the left-back role for the trip to the Vitality Stadium again this evening but spent much of the opening half down the wing. The 18-year-old opened the scoring inside five minutes with a powerful drive from the edge of the six-yard box, finishing off a lovely team goal.

The goalscorer turned provider for the second as Saka’s cross missed Martinelli to leave Eddie Nketiah with a close-range tap-in. The striker, recently recalled from his loan spell at Leeds United, scored for the first time since the third round of this competition last season.

Watch the highlights of Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal here: