4-2-3-1: Predicted Arsenal XI to face Bournemouth

Arsenal take on Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium in the FA Cup fourth round on Monday night.

Liverpool (draw), Manchester City, Leicester City, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur (draw) will all be in the hat for the fifth round draw before the game.

Bournemouth are out-of-form, in the relegation zone and face a crunch game versus Aston Villa on Saturday, so Eddie Howe could rest a number of key players for our visit with the league surely his priority between now and the end of the season,

Here’s the Arsenal team I think we’ll see named by Mikel Arteta:

Goalkeeper: Emi Martinez
The Argentine is our established cup goalkeeper now and will give Bernd Leno a rest down on the south coast.

Defence: Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Rob Holding, Sokratis, Bukayo Saka
Hector Bellerin has had a lot of action recently so soon after his return so I think the captain will be given a breather in this one allowing Ainsley Maitland-Niles to get another start under his belt. Rob Holding has been eased back into action lately and I think he gets the start, probably alongside Sokratis. David Luiz is suspended. Bukayo Saka is in at left-back due to injuries.

Midfield: Lucas Torreira, Granit Xhaka; Nicolas Pepe, Dani Ceballos, Gabriel Martinelli
Granit Xhaka probably gets the nod ahead of Matteo Guendouzi following the youngster’s poor form of late. Would be nice to see Lucas Torreira continue to play in the defensive midfield role too. Gabriel Martinelli will start this game and I think down the left flank. Arteta should use this game as another chance to try get Nicolas Pepe into some sort of form down the right wing. This is also a perfect opportunity to give Dani Ceballos a rare start, particularly following the rumours that he could prematurely end his loan deal this month.

Striker: Eddie Nketiah
Mikel Arteta has decided that Eddie Nketiah will play for Arsenal during the second half of the season and not out on loan. With Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang suspended and Alexandre Lacazette in need of a rest I think this is the perfect opportunity to give the youngster his first start since the third round last year.

Here’s how we line up on paper: