Confirmed lineups: Arsenal vs Chelsea

Mikel Arteta takes charge of Arsenal at the Emirates for the first time as we welcome Chelsea for our final game of 2019.

The Blues have lost five of their last seven in the Premier League, which includes a 2-0 loss at home to Southampton on Boxing Day. They did win 2-0 at Tottenham Hotspur in the game before though.

We had a lot of the ball in our 1-1 draw at Bournemouth last time out as Arteta appears to have boosted the confidence of the team following Unai Emery’s disastrous reign.

Here are the two teams for this afternoon’s game:

Arsenal

Bernd Leno; Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Calum Chambers, David Luiz, Bukayo Saka; Matteo Guendouzi, Lucas Torreira, Mesut Ozil; Reiss Nelson, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Substitutes: Emi Martinez, Shkodran Mustafi, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Joe Willock, Emile Smith Rowe, Nicolas Pepe, Tyreece John-Jules

Our defence could be our achilles heel today as Bukayo Saka is forced to play an unfamiliar role at left-back with both Kieran Tierney and Sead Kolasinac out. Ainsley Maitland-Niles is back in defence on the opposite flank too with Hector Bellerin also unavailable. Calum Chambers comes in at centre-back with Sokratis ruled out through concussion.

It looks as though Lucas Torreira will move back into his natural holding midfield role, alongside Matteo Guendouzi in front of the back four today. There is no Granit Xhaka in the squad, amid rumours he will leave the club next month. Mesut Ozil will be the attacking player in our midfield three.

Reiss Nelson starts on the right wing as Nicolas Pepe is only named among the substitutes. Alexandre Lacazette will be the striker and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang down the left. It’s a very youthful looking bench this afternoon, with Konstantinos Mavropanos, Joe Willock, Emile Smith Rowe and 18-year-old Tyreece John-Jules all among the substitutes.

Chelsea

Kepa Arrizabalaga; Antono Rudiger, Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori; Cesar Azpilicueta, N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovavic, Emerson; Willian, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount

Substitutes: Willy Caballero, Andreas Christensen, Tariq Lamptey, Jorginho, Ross Barkley, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Michy Batshuayi

Frank Lampard appears to have named a 3-4-3 formation that he has used numerous times this season. It looks as though Cesar Azpilicueta and Emerson will be the wingbacks.

Mateo Kovacic is back from suspension to partner N’Golo Kante in the middle of the park, whilst Mason Mount could be on the left-hand side of a front three. The youngster has played there before this season.

The Chelsea manager has a number of options on his bench to change his system during the game, including Jorginho, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Michy Batshuayi.