Video goals: Bournemouth 1-1 Arsenal

Mikel Arteta’s first game as Arsenal manager started with a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth on Boxing Day.

There were lots of positives to take from the game – such as the performance of Mesut Ozil, particularly in the first half, when the German made several great passes and created a few opportunities for teammates.

Pep Guardiola’s former assistant set us up in a 4-3-3 formation for our trip to the south coast this afternoon, which included Bukayo Saka as an emergency left-back and Reiss Nelson starting on the right wing ahead of Nicolas Pepe.

However, for all of our good work, Bournemouth scored the opening goal of the game on 35 minutes with their first effort on target. Eddie Howe’s side had lost six of their last seven coming into today’s game, scoring just five during that run.

We pressed for an equaliser during the second half and eventually got it 20 minutes from time through Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The striker seized on the opportunity after Nelson’s effort had only been parried.

Alexandre Lacazette was clearly lacking confidence in front of goal today as he missed several opportunities including a one-on-one in the second half.

Watch the highlights from Bournemouth 1-1 Arsenal here: