Video goals: Arsenal 2-2 Southampton

Alexandre Lacazette rescued Arsenal a point in the 96th minute after another dreadful performance, drawing 2-2 at home to struggling Southampton on Saturday.

The visitors were ahead inside eight minutes after our defence switched off for a quickly-taken free kick to play Danny Ings in one-on-one with Bernd Leno. The striker scored at the goalkeeper’s near post. However, the free kick was taken a good distance from where the foul was committed.

Alexandre Lacazette equalised 10 minutes later with a fine finish in front of goal. Following a nice move down the left, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang saw his toe poke blocked before the ball fell kindly into the path of the French striker, eight yards out.

Half-time substitute Nicolas Pepe volleyed off the crossbar shortly after wasting an opportunity to run at goal by over-hitting a pass to Mesut Ozil. The club record signing is severely lacking confidence.

Somehow the Saints didn’t take the lead shortly after when Sokratis conceded possession to Cedric Soares just outside our six-yard box. Somehow the Portuguese full-back failed to pick out Michael Obafemi, who was waiting for a tap in.

Southampton did retake the lead 20 minutes from time though. Kieran Tierney was adjudged to have fouled Danny Ings inside the penalty area. A penalty was awarded. James Ward-Prowse was denied by Bernd Leno. only for the fall to be parried back into his path to tap home for 2-1.

Late substitute Gabriel Martinelli picked out Lacazette inside the six-yard box to poke home our equaliser.

Watch the action from Arsenal 2-2 Southampton here: