Player ratings: Arsenal 2-2 Southampton

Alexandre Lacazette rescued us a point in stoppage time in an embarrassing 2-2 draw at home to struggling Southampton on Saturday.

We are now five Premier League games without a win and seven points outside of the top four prior to Manchester City hosting Chelsea shortly.

Unai Emery was already under severe pressure heading into this weekend’s game and surely now the board must make the decision to release the Spanish manager who has done nothing but fail since replacing Arsene Wenger in the summer of 2018.

Here are my player ratings from Arsenal 2-2 Southampton:

Bernd Leno  6  – Beaten at his near post by Danny Ings for the game’s the opener. Bernd Leno saved the penalty but palmed it back into the danger zone for Southampton’s second. Made a couple of decent saves.

Calum Chambers  5  – Nathan Redmond and Ryan Bertrand caused Calum Chambers a lot of problems on the right-hand side of our back three. The defender was replaced at half-time.

David Luiz  4  – Switched off to allow Ings a free run at goal to put us one down as David Luiz had his back to play.

Sokratis  5 – Got away with a huge error when he conceded possession inside the six-yard box at 1-1. Soktratis never looked assured all afternoon.

Hector Bellerin  5 – Looks rusty after his lengthy injury. Hector Bellerin didn’t get forward as much as we’re used to seeing and his passing was pretty poor too.

Matteo Guendouzi  5 – Didn’t impose himself in the centre of midfield and his passing was way off.

Lucas Torreira  7 – The Uruguayan worked hard and put himself about today.

Kieran Tierney  5 – A disappointing performance game after returning from international duty with Scotland. Kieran Tierney’s touch was off and failed to pick out teammates with his crosses. Unlucky with the concession of the second half penalty.

Mesut Ozil  6 – Our playmaker produced a few nice touches but was unable to have a huge influence on the game.

Alexandre Lacazette  9 – Nice finish from Alexandre Lacazette for our first equaliser and grabbed us a point deep in stoppage time. The French international worked hard all afternoon.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang  5 – Had little supply today and looked a yard off the pace.

Substitutes

Nicolas Pepe (45 mins) 5 – Lacked confidence in failing to put Ozil through on goal when the could and should have gone it alone. Nicolas Pepe was unlucky when he volleyed against the bar shortly.

Joe Willock  (8 mins) N/A – Introduced too late to make much of an impact.

Gabriel Martinelli (8 mins) N/A – Late substitute and picked out Lacazette inside the six-yard box for our stoppage time equaliser.