Player Ratings: Leicester 2-0 Arsenal

Arsenal went down without much of a fight on Saturday evening as goals from Jamie Vardy and James Maddison in the second half moved Leicester City into second spot, leaving us nine points off the Champions League places.

Kasper Scmeichel was forced into just one save all game in the home side’s goal as Alexandre Lacazette scuffed a very good opportunity in the first half.

The defeat leaves us nine points outside of the Champions League places after only 12 games.

Here are my player ratings from Leicester City 2-0 Arsenal:

Bernd Leno 7 – Not given a chance with either goal as he was unsighted by James Maddison’s snap shot. Bernd Leno did make a few fine saves, including one to deny a powerful effort from Jamie Vardy at 1-0.

Calum Chambers 6 – Put in a fairly solid performance on the right side of a back three. However, Calum Chambers should have been closer to Jamie Vardy for Leicester’s opener.

Rob Holding 7 – A much better performance than the last couple of games as Rob Holding stepped out of defence to deal with long balls and a few important interceptions to break up a number of Leicester attacks.

David Luiz 5 – Beaten a couple of times in defence and gave up possession in his own half too often.

Hector Bellerin 7 – Harvey Barnes caused us the odd problem but generally Hector Bellerin did well defensively in his first Premier League start of the season. The Spaniard also got forward to offer us something down the right. Fired a shot narrowly over after a long run in the second half too.

Matteo Guendouzi 4 – Offered little protection to the back four as Leicester passed the ball around with Matteo Guendouzi with easy. The young Frenchman wasn’t even in position at times. Sure, he worked hard but left us too open.

Lucas Torreira 4 – Outnumbered and beaten too easily at times. This wasn’t Lucas Torreira’s best defensive performance for us. The Uruguayan also got forward at times which appears to be his role under Unai Emery. This left us exposed on the counter-attack.

Mesut Ozil 5 – Was the outlet for our counter-attacks but Mesut Ozil never found a killer ball in this game. Didn’t always great a great deal of space either.

Alexandre Lacazette 5 – Still lacking full match fitness. Alexandre Lacazette missed an excellent opportunity midway through the first half.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 5 – Offered a threat with his pace on the counter but the lack of supply prevented Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from ever scoring in this game.

Substitutes

Nicolas Pepe (14 mins) N/A – A late introduction after we went two down but never saw much of the ball to do anything productive with it.

Joe Willock (10 mins) N/A – Even after our two substitutes, we never looked like scoring.