Confirmed Lineups: Leicester vs Arsenal

Arsenal travel to the King Power Stadium to face Leicester City this evening, some six points behind the hosts who currently occupy the fourth and final Champions League place.

We are very much in need of a win in the East Midlands but our form would suggest that we’ll do well to avoid defeat.

Brendan Rodgers’ side are on a bit of a roll of late, which includes a 9-0 thrashing of Southampton and a 2-0 win at Crystal Palace last weekend.

The two lineups for today’s game have been confirmed as:

Arsenal

Bernd Leno; Calum Chambers, David Luiz, Rob Holding; Hector Bellerin, Matteo Guendouzi, Lucas Torreira, Sead Kolasinac; Mesut Ozil; Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Substitutes: Emi Martinez, Soktratis Papastathopoulous, Kieran Tierney, Joe Willock, Nicolas Pepe, Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli

Sokratis has been dropped to the bench as Unai Emery appears to have gone for a back three. This includes Rob Holding on the left side after struggling there against Vitoria SC on Wednesday afternoon in the Europa League.

Hector Bellerin starts as right wingback, whilst Sead Kolasinac is on the left, as the boss only names Kieran Tierney among the substitutes. He is joined by Nicolas Pepe as we’re starting narrow up top, with Mesut Ozil as the number 10 behind a strike duo of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette.

Leicester City

Kasper Schmeichel; Ricardo Pereira, Jonny Evans, Caglar Soyuncu, Ben Chilwell; Wilfried Ndidi; Ayoze Perez, Youri Tielemans, James Maddison, Harvey Barnes; Jamie Vardy

Substitutes: Danny Ward, Wes Morgan, James Justin, Hamza Choudhury, Dennis Praet, Demarai Gray, Marc Albrighton

Leicester City have kept back-to-back clean sheets and thrashed us 3-0 in this fixture last season. Brendan Rodgers’ side are flying high in the Premier League and would end the day in second with three points this evening.

The hosts have a number of attacking threats in their starting lineup. Jamie Vardy, who has an excellent goalscoring record against us, is supported by playmakers Youri Tielemans, James Maddison and Harvey Barnes in midfield, whilst Ayoze Perez is capable of scoring from the right flank.

Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu are also threats from attacking set pieces, and area where we have been defending poorly this season.