Player Ratings: Arsenal 1-1 Wolves

Arsenal dropped further points this afternoon as we were held to a 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Emirates Stadium.

After making a slow start to the game we got the breakthrough midway through the first half when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slotted home to give us the lead following good work from both David Luiz and Alexandre Lacazette in the build up.

However, we failed to put the game to bed, failing to test Wolves goalkeeper Rui Patricio once in the second half.  The visitors often looked dangerous on the counter-attack and ultimately found an equaliser in the 76th minute. Dani Ceballos switched off and failed to track Joao Moutinho from a simple throw in, allowing the Portuguese midfielder to hook a cross into the box for Raul Jimenez to head home.

The draw leaves us three points behind both Leicester City and Chelsea in the top four, both of whom are still to play this weekend.

Here are my player ratings from Arsenal 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers:

Bernd Leno 8 – The goalkeeper made a great save to deny Matt Doherty just before half-time and another solid effort to tip a Ruben Neves effort around the post.

Calum Chambers 6 – Could have done better to prevent Raul Jimenez equalising at the far post but otherwise a solid game game from the right-back.

Sokratis 6 – The Greek centre-back made a couple of good blocks as he threw himself in front of a couple of shots, but a poor effort to prevent Wolves’ goal.

David Luiz 7 – Made two excellent tackles to half Wolves attacks and not at fault for the goal. Occasionally supported the attack.

Kieran Tierney 7 – Did well up against the pacey Adama Traore and was keen to get forward himself. Looked tired by the end.

Matteo Guendouzi 6 – Conceded possession too easily on a number of occasions early on. Plenty of energy and got stuck in to disrupt several of Wolves’ attacks.

Lucas Torreira 6 – Stilled miffed as to why Lucas Torreira is being deployed in a more advanced role than holding midfield.

Dani Ceballos 6 – Played some nice passes but constantly failed to unlock the Wolves defence despite seeing a lot of the ball. At fault for Wolves’ goal.

Mesut Ozil 7 – Drifted into space and showed for the ball constantly. The formation wasn’t favourable for Mesut Ozil as there was no width. Still a decent performance from the German playmaker though.

Alexandre Lacazette 6 – Assisted our goal but looked a yard off the pace as he’s not fully fit yet. Replaced on the hour and had received little service when on the pitch.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 7 – Calm finish for his 50th Arsenal goal. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang worked hard off the ball.

Substitutes

Gabriel Martinelli (32 mins) 6 – Added some energy to our attack in the second half but lacked the service he has seen in our cup games recently.

Bukayo Saka (19 mins) 6 – Offered some width and put in a couple of good crosses.

Sead Kolasinac (5 mins) N/A – Had little time to make an impact.