Are Man Utd missing 2 defenders versus Arsenal?

Arsenal travel to Old Trafford this evening to face Manchester United in the final fixture of this weekend’s Premier League action.

Both sides are in Europa League action on Thursday night, making it an odd decision for the FA (or Sky Sports) to move this game to Monday night. Fortunately, we have a home tie, versus Standard Liege, whilst United have drawn the short straw as they are at AZ Alkmaar less than 72 hours after this evening’s game finishes.

To make matters worse for the Red Devils, they have had a few injury problems of late. Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba had both been doubtful to face us this evening, but it appears both are in contention as they have been named in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s 19-man squad for this game.

However, right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka is missing from the teamsheet reported by the Manchester Evening News. Whilst it isn’t an official list, the MEN are usually accurate with their Manchester United team news.

There had been no reports from the manager or even in the media about an injury or knock picked up by the young Englishman, who has played every minute in the Premier League for Solskjaer’s side so far this season following his mega money move from Crystal Palace over the summer.

United will already be without Luke Shaw as the left-back is sidelined through injury indefinitely. We had been expecting Ashley Young to play left-back against us but it’s not possible that he could switch to the right and Marcos Rojo play down that side. Or maybe Solskjaer will keep the club captain in that role and bring in Axel Tuanzebe at right-back.

This is potentially great news for the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Nicolas Pepe in our attack as we look to outscore the hosts in what should be an entertaining game in Greater Manchester.