Confirmed lineups: Frankfurt vs Arsenal

Arsenal kick off their 2019-20 UEFA Europa League campaign in Frankfurt this evening as we take on last season’s semi-finalists at the Commerzbank-Arena.

Unai Emery left Sokratis back home after the Greek international made an error to let Watford back into the game on Sunday. In his place it appears Shkodran Mustafi will partner David Luiz in the middle of our back four. Calum Chambers also starts but I think he’ll be in the right-back role instead of central.

There are also starts for Emiliano Martinez in goal, whilst youngsters Joe Willock, Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe all get a start.

The two teams for this evening’s game are confirmed as:

Arsenal

Emiliano Martinez; Calum Chambers, Shkodran Mustafi, David Luiz, Sead Kolasinac; Granit Xhaka, Lucas Torreira, Joe Willock; Emile Smith Rowe, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Buyako Saka

Substitutes: Bernd Leno, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Matteo Guendouzi, Dani Ceballos, Nicolas Pepe, Reiss Nelson, Gabriel Martinelli

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang starts up front with Alexandre Lacazette sidelined. Our top scorer could do without picking up any knocks or an injury in Germany this evening as we host Aston Villa over the weekend, needing a win in the Premier League.

Both Buyako Saka and Emile Smith Rowe will flank the striker as the teenagers have been handed an opportunity to impress the boss. Lucas Torreira has been recalled to the starting lineup.

Eintracht Frankfurt

Kevin Trapp; David Abraham, Martin Hinteregger, Makoto Hasebe; Daichi Kamada; Filip Kostic, Djibril Sow, Dominik Kohr, Danny da Costa; Andre Silva, Bas Dost

Substitutes: Frederik Ronnow, Evan N’Dicka, Simon Falette, Gelson Fernandes, Timothy Chandler, Dejan Joveljic, Goncalo Paciencia

Eintracht Frankfurt lost their three attacking stars over the summer – Sebastien Haller (West Ham), Luka Jovic (Real Madrid) and Ante Rebic (AC Milan) so I am hopeful our defence will have a much better performance than the two goals we shipped at Watford on Sunday. Bas Dost has done well in Portugal and the Netherlands in recent seasons but I am not a big fan of the target man.

Goalkeeper Kevin Trapp is formerly of Paris Saint-Germain and has a couple of ageing defenders in front of him. I am hopeful we’ll get the better of David Abraham in their defence.