Arsenal offer £31m to sign teenage Italian star

Arsenal have made an offer worth £31.6 million (€35m) to sign Juventus forward Moise Kean, according to reports.

The 19-year-old is hotly-tipped to have a bright future ahead of him but is finding it difficult to hold down a regular spot in the Old Lady’s attack.

According to Italian outlet Tuttosport, we are preparing a €35 million offer to the Italian champions and that Juventus ill accept the offer, but only if a €40 million (£36m) buy-black clause is inserted in the deal.

Whilst Unai Emery is looking to strengthen our squad over the next fortnight before the start of the 2019-20 Premier League season kicks off, the deal doesn’t offer a great deal of value. It would simply mean if the player turns into a star and his value goes up significantly, Juventus would be able to buy him back on the cheap and flog him on straight away. Though the buy-back clause would not be activated for two years.

It’s also been widely-reported that Emery only has a transfer budget of £40 million this summer which makes it extremely difficult to upgrade our squad significantly. The release of Danny Welbeck at the end of last season does free up space for another attacking option in the squad.

Moise Kean emerged as a target earlier this week when Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio claimed we had expressed interest in signing the Italian international following news that Juventus were open to selling the teenager.

The youngster came through the youth ranks at the Italian giants and has looked good in spells, scoring seven goals in his 17 appearances last season.

However, Di Marzio claims that Juventus will be willing to sell Kean as they look to balance their books following the big money arrival of Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax this summer.

We shall have to wait and see how this one progresses but given the astronomical fees being splashed out by many clubs again this summer the fee that is being quoted for Moise Kean wouldn’t be too bad of a deal.