Why Zaha would be a good signing for Arsenal

Wilfried Zaha has been linked with a move to Arsenal for most of the summer but we are yet to agree a deal with Crystal Palace.

Reports have previously suggested we’d have up to £70 million to spend on the Ivory Coast international, which may not be sufficient for the Eagles to accept.

With Aaron Ramsey leaving for Juventus earlier this summer and Danny Welbeck being released, Unai Emery could do with signing a proven attacker. Zaha is just that.

The 26-year-old has carried Crystal Palace over the past couple of seasons, and although he is coming off a 2018-19 Premier League campaign that saw him saw just once at home, he’d a lot of creativity and a goalscoring threat from the right wing.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is still yet to prove himself in the Premier League, Alex Iwobi is too inconsistent and Alexandre Lacazette should be playing up top, not out on the right.

Signing Wilfried Zaha would solve our problem down the wing, though would put the boss at risk of blowing his whole transfer budget on a single player.

We are in desperate need of defensive reinforcements as we have been leaking goals for a number of seasons now. Bernd Leno was offered little protection last season and Laurent Koscielny is also trying to forcing his way out of the club.

Arsenal fans – would you take Wilfried Zaha for £70 million?