Agent Confirm Player Deal Done – Announcement Imminent

Said to be disappointed at Arsene Wenger’s decision to allow Alexandre Lacazette wear the number 9 shirt at Arsenal, Lucas Perez  decided to leave the Emirates this summer.

Linked with a move back to Spain, the 28-year-old has also been linked with a move to Italian club AS Roma, as the Serie A side are looking for a left-footed player who can find the net easily and set up his teammates.

However, Lucas Perez’s agent had a chat with RomaNews’s radio and asserted his client would not be moving to  Italy.

He said: “That’s not true. There are no negotiations with Roma. Monchi wants Mahrez. We’re good friends with Monchi and he’s not looking for a forward like Lucas Perez. He liked him when he was at Sevilla, but he doesn’t need someone like him at Roma.

“I’m not sure why Lucas’ name has come up, but I can guarantee that they aren’t looking for someone like him. I’ve spoken a lot with Monchi and he’s confirmed it to me.”

So that should make you know that any rumor linking Roma to Perez are all untrue.

The former Deportivo La Coruna forward played 21 games for Arsenal last season after his £17m move towards the transfer deadline last summer, finding the net eight times and providing a further six assists.